Greater Portland Christian School has served our community for more than 50 years with your continued support.
Sharing your time, talent, and treasure all make a significant impact on our school, the students, and the families. Each year we rely on our Annual Fund to support our operating budget. These funds are raised though our Holiday Wreath and Poinsettia Sale, our Bowlathon and our annual appeals, are critical to our yearly budget, and support the school tremendously.
In recognition of reaching our 50-year milestone, we are launching a Capital Campaign to raise funds for more specific needs outside of our operating budget. The initiatives listed below provide for both physical plant and programmatic needs are essential we launch into the next decade.
Growing the GPCS Family
GPCS’s 50th Anniversary Capital Campaign
Donating to the GPCS 50th Anniversary Capital Campaign is an investment in GPCS’s People, Places and Programs.
- Attract and retain new families.
- Lay a foundation for Increasing faculty and staff salaries;
- Attain accreditation; and
- Build or purchase a new facility.
People: Strengthening Educators
- Provide continuing education and training for faculty and administrators;
- developing skills and expertise;
- Hire a full-time maintenance position;
- ensure facilities are clean and in good order;
- relieve burden on Head of School to focus on strategic vision;
- Plan for an Assistant Head of School position;
- shifting administrative duties from teaching staff;
- strengthening administration.
Places: An Environment for Learning
- Increase the appeal of GPCS to new families and visitors;
- Focus on cosmetic and safety repairs to our building:
- Repairing broken light fixtures in classrooms and hallways;
- Fixing aging windows;
- Buying brand new furniture for classrooms, including desks, chairs, and tables;
- Performing cosmetic repairs and painting on the outside of the building;
- Prayerfully seek God’s will for His provision of a new building.
Programs: Excellence in Christian Education
- Invest in Development, including a digital marketing campaign to attract new families who have not heard about GPCS;
- Reestablish our international student program, bringing diverse new perspectives to GPCS;
- Replace outdated lab equipment for STEM classes, making our science and math programs more appealing;
- Provide additional funding for the arts program to encourage a return of the robust theater and music programs of the past.
If you willing to support the future growth of GPCS with a donation to the 50th anniversary Capital Campaign, please go https://gpcs.net/donate-online/
Please be sure to clearly reference the 50th Anniversary Capital Campaign in the “Purpose for this donation” textbox on that page.